For electronic music enthusiasts, The Prodigy’s Fat of the Land was lifechanging when it came out 15 years ago, becoming one of the first electronic albums to hit mainstream USA. Now, the UK classic is getting a reissue, and as an added bonus, six tracks have been remixed by the new guard in electronic music, including The Netherlands’ Noisia and Diplo project Major Lazer.
It’s pretty jarring to hear a 90s classic turned into dubstep midway. Check out the Noisia remix of “Smack My Bitch Up” to see what I mean.
The release will be out December 3 on XL recordings.
1. Smack My Bitch Up (Noisia Remix)
2. Firestarter (Alvin Risk Remix)
3. Breathe (Zeds Dead Remix)
4. Mindfields (Baauer Remix)
5. Breathe (The Glitch Mob Remix)
6. Smack My Bitch Up (Major Lazer Remix)