“Jay Park Sweepstakes”
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
>Entry Period: “Jay Park Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 12:00:01 PM (ET) on June 6, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 15, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 15, 2012.
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia. Entrants must be at least thirteen (13) years of age or older at time of entry. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parent/legal guardian in order to enter Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“Sponsor”), Nettwerk Music Group and their respective parent company, affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
5. Winner Selection/Notification: There will be seven (7) winners (the “Winners”) randomly selected from among all of the Eligible Entries received on or about June 12, 2012. Sponsor will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the Winner’s selection to contact the potential Winner via the telephone number(s) provided on his/her entry form. If any potential Winner cannot be reached during the twenty-four (24) hour period in which he/she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) such the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received.
6. Winner Verification: Potential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Prize Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use his//her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s agreement to sign such releases. Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Winners must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsor or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Prizes (7) : Each Winner will receive: (i) one (1) Jay Park original Polaroid pictures and (ii) one (1) Jay Park Vol 1 – New Breed (Special Asia Version) CD + DVD Jay Park (collectively, the “Prize(s)”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $25.00 and the total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $175.00. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be rewarded. The date for fulfillment of the Prizes will be within approximately four (4) weeks of Winners’ selection and verification and such date is subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Sponsor or a third party designated on Sponsor’s behalf. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, without limitation, any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes are solely Winners’ responsibility. The value of the Prizes may be taxable to Winners as income. Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, Winners (as well as all other entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to any Winner or potential Winner who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize a Prize as described herein.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prizes or any portion thereof permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Sponsor’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on www.mtviggy.com and the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (a) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry; (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that said Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes.
10. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Jay Park Sweepstakes
Attn: Marketing MTV World
345 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners must be made by August 15, 2012. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by MTV Iggy, a brand of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036