“MTV Unplugged: JUJU Audience Sweepstakes”
Sponsored by MTV Iggy
1. NO PURCHASE
NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, CONNECTICUT AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: “MTV Unplugged: JUJU Audience Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 3:00:01 PM (ET) on April 16, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on April 23, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on April 23, 2012. The odds of winning depend on the total number of Eligible Entries (hereinafter defined) received for the Sweepstakes.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Connecticut, New Jersey and New York who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“Sponsor”) and each of its respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
5. Winner Selection/Notification: Up to twenty-five (25) winners (each a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) will be randomly selected on or around April 23, 2012 by Sponsor from the Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor (or a third party agency on its behalf) will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the Winner(s)’s selection to contact the potential Winner(s) via the phone number or email address provided on his/her entry. If a potential Winner(s) cannot be reached directly during the twenty-four (24) hour period in which he/she is called or does not respond to the email, the potential Winner(s) will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate Winner(s) may be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received.
6. Winners Verification: The potential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within one (1) day of being notified as potential Winners. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner, such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated. An alternative potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners must sign the following documents from the Sponsor within three (3) days of receipt: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; (b) a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation EXCEPT WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW; and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. Additionally, Winners must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize(s) and that Winners will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize(s). Winners must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize(s) and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winner may forfeit Prize(s) at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Deadline, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any Prize(s) or Prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Prizes (up to 25): Each Grand Prize Winner will receive: admission for Winner and one (1) guest (the “Guest”) to the free JUJU Live Taping in Times Square, New York, New York currently scheduled to take place on April 26, 2012 (the “Prize(s)”), but is subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of prize fulfillment. A list of Winners will be maintained on site at the concert and Winners be required to prove identity prior to admittance.
The Prizes have no retail value. Any details related to the Prizes not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If for any reason the Prize-related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its discretion and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion. The date for fulfillment of the Prizes will be on April 26, 2012, subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed as part of the Prize(s), including, without limitation, transportation to/from Times Square, New York, New York, lodging, meals, beverages, and any incidental costs incurred in connection with the Prizes are solely Winners’ responsibility. The value of the Prizes may be taxable to the Winners as income. Winners may need to supply Sponsor with their social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, the Winners (as well as all other entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely Winners’ responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winners or potential Winners who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize a Grand Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prizes, or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded. Prizes may not be resold or offered for resale.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to Winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
10. Request for Names of Winners and/or Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by July 12, 2012 to:
MTV World Marketing
Attention: “MTV Unplugged: JUJU Audience Sweepstakes”
345 Hudson Street, 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10014
Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting the “Names of the Winners” or “Official Rules”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsor: Sweepstakes sponsored by Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., located at 1515 Broadway, New York, New York 10036.